We collect no information about you, other than information automatically collected and stored (see below), when you visit our Web site unless you choose to provide that information to us.
Information Automatically Collected
When you browse through any Web site, certain personal information about you can be collected. We automatically collect and temporarily store the following information about your visit:
the date and time of your visit;
the pages you visited;
the address of the Web site from which you came;
the type of brower you are using; and
the IP address from which you are accessing our site.
We use this information for statistical purposes and to help us make our site more useful to visitors. Unless it is specifically stated otherwise, no additional information is collected about you.
Personally Provided Information
You do not have to give us personal information to visit our Web site.
If you choose to provide us with additional information about yourself through an e-mail message, form, survey, etc., we will only maintain the information as long as needed to respond to your question or to fulfill the stated purpose of the communication.
The Pioneer Community is an interactive online experience that allows members to set up a unique personal profile to share their personal interests, post photos, post a blog, and network with other members of the community. Membership in the Pioneer Community will also allow members to view/download special multimedia presentations, participate in discussion forums, and stay notified of upcoming Pioneer events.
Pioneer collects user information such as Name, Email Address, and Location to authenticate users and maintain an orderly environment with the Pioneer Community. In addition, Pioneer Community members have the ability to add personal information about themselves within their profile. The purpose of this information is to facilitate the networking of users with similar interests. Users may modify or delete their personal information at any time by logging in and accessing the My Details and My Profile options on the User Menu.
Pioneer Community Members are reminded that the voluntary posting of private personal information such as home address and home telephone numbers in your profile, blog, or on the discussion board is prohibited. Such information can be easily accessed by any member of the public and be potentially used to send unsolicted communications or for other illegal purposes.
Pioneer may occasionally use the email addresses and mailing addresses collected from Pioneer Community Members to notify members of changes to the website, upcoming events, or other special promotions which Pioneer is promoting or participating in.
Pioneer reserves the right to delete and/or ban any user from the Pioneer Community for posting any content that:
- is patently offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
- contains nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter or contains a link to an adult website;
- solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
- provides any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs or email addresses;
- promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, "spimming," or "spamming";
- contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users;
- involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
- includes a photograph of another person that you have posted without that person's consent; or
- for band and filmmaker profiles, uses sexually suggestive imagery or any other unfair, misleading or deceptive Content intended to draw traffic to the profile.
The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) was enacted on April 21, 2000. COPPA applies to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13. As a non-profit organization, the Pioneer Drum & Bugle Corps & Color Guard is not subject to COPPA. However, to protect the privacy of children who are visiting our site, the Pioneer Drum & Bugle Corps & Color Guard will not actively solicit personal information from children under the age of 13. The Pioneer Drum & Bugle Corps & Color Guard actively recruits members who are between ages of 14 and 21. However, if you are under 13 and wish to contact, receive information from, or participate in forums operated by the Pioneer Drum and Bugle Corps & Color Guard, we ask that you have your parents complete the necessary forms and/or documents for you.
The Pioneer Drum & Bugle Corps & Color Guard does not disclose, give, sell or transfer any personal information about our online visitors to third parties except as required by law.
All content of this Internet site (www.pioneer-corps.org) is owned or controlled by the Pioneer Drum & Bugle Corps & Color Guard or its employees and is protected by worldwide copyright laws. You may download content only for your personal use for non-commercial purposes, but no further reproduction or modification of the content is permitted. Appropriate attribution is required for any permitted use. The products, technology or processes described in this site may be the subject of intellectual property rights reserved by the Pioneer Drum & Bugle Corps & Color Guard or other third parties. No license is granted with respect to those intellectual property rights, and all rights are reserved.
THIS PUBLICATION AND SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS," WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
This Internet site provides links or reference to other sites, but the Pioneer Drum & Bugle Corps has no responsibility for the content of such other sites and shall not be liable for any damages or injury arising from that content. Any links to other sites are provided merely as a convenience to the users of this Internet site.
The trademarks, service marks and trade names shown in this Internet site are protected in the United States and internationally. No use of these may be made without the prior, written authorization of the Pioneer Drum & Bugle Corps & Color Guard or the consortium partner concerned, except to identify the products or services of the company.
The Pioneer Drum & Bugle Corps & Color Guard may make changes to the information in this Internet site, or to the services described therein, at any time without notice. Pioneer makes no commitment to update this information.